This episode guide has yet to be completed. Please help by expanding this article.
The Vanishing is the twentieth episode of the first season of the CBS original series, Ghost Whisperer, originally premiering on April 7, 2006. The episode was written by Catherine Butterfield and directed by Ian Sander, and recieved a total of 10.69 million viewers. A head injury caused by an accident puts Melinda's abilities at risk. Melinda must deal with the possibility of permanently losing her gift as she attempts to help a young girl whose boyfriend has recently died.
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
- Duane Martin as Ashton Belluso
- Vanessa Lengies as Caitlin Emerson
- Chris Olivero as Brian Fordyce
- Wendy Phillips as Diane Shields
- Daniel Roebuck as Adam Emerson
- June Squibb as Mary Ann
- Jeffrey Hutchinson as Ghost Man in Road
- Jimmy Palumbo as Middle Aged Ghost
- Anne Archer as Beth Gordon
- Van Epperson as Mr. Keeler
- Dale Gibson as Ghost Rancher
- Dave Hanson as Gary
- Wayne Pére as Dr. Epstein
- Poetri as M.C.
- Scott Rinker as Reggie
- Joe Wandell as Paramedic
- Douglas Bierman as Laughing Man
- Derek Spooner as Liquor Buyer
Plot Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Melinda spends her day normal seeing her regular ghosts, after works she drives home and stops when she sees the family of ghosts from the cemetery from episode 1. She tries to talk to them but they get pulled away. Melinda sees a football and just as when she is about to talk to him he is pulled away. Melinda tries to follow him but she trips and hit her head. Melinda is taken to the hospital and she suffers a coma. Days passed and Melinda begins to notice that her regulars are gone, she doesn't even see Homer the dog. Melinda's mom is happy that she doesn't see them. Andrea's boyfriend is a sensitive and is poem talks about the laughing man and that the passionate and young are able to resist and the rest are vanishing to some other place. Melinda and her mother are in the hospital to see if Melinda is okay. They see a woman die and all of a sudden she is pulled away. The football player is able to resist the pull from being taken away because he is in love with his girlfriend (very passionate) he talks about how he feels something is trying to take him away. The footballer is the boyfriend of a girl who is the cousin of a dead teenage boy in episode 6 Homecoming.
Melinda solves the case and she realizes that the ghosts haven't vanished just being taken away somewhere.
The football player moves into the light and the scene ends with the laughing man and the faceless man on the roof of Melinda's house.
Spirits[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This episode gathered a total of 10.69 million viewers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the last episode to feature Andrea Marino alive from beginning to end. She dies in the next episode, though is not revealed to be dead until The One.