This episode guide has yet to be completed. Please help by expanding this article.
Love Still Won't Die is the second episode of the second season, and the twenty-fourth overall episode, of the CBS series, Ghost Whisperer, originally premiering on September 29, 2006. The episode was written and directed by John Gray, and recieved a total of 9.73 million viewers.
Melinda encounters a ghost who asks her speak with his wife. He leads her to a woman who is confused and angered by Melinda's visit. The ghost reveals himself as someone from Melinda's past. Melinda must try to cross him over before he harms her or Jim. She must also deal with a teenage shoplifter who may be under the influence of an earthbound spirit.
- Michael Landes as Kyle McCall
- Lacey Chabert as Donna Ellis
- Greg Cipes as Jamey Barton
- Tyler Patrick Jones as Ned Banks
- Marcus Ashley as Michael Ellis
- Kaesha Kapur as Janey
- Brian Dunkleman as Jenson
- David Ramsey as Will Bennett
The guy that gets hit by a car is haunting Melinda. The guy goes by the name of Mack and he says he needs Melinda to talk to his wife Donna who is Maine. Melinda makes her way and she sees a kid who earlier stole a set of backstage passes. The kid is revealed to be Ned Banks. Delia apologizes and repays her a cup of coffee and returns the passes. Melinda goes to Maine and visits the wife, it turns out that her current husband is well and alive and it is her previous husband Kyle McCall, Melinda's boyfriend from college who broke her heart when she told about her secret and he laughed at her and broke up with her. Kyle has been obsessed with Melinda and regretted ever breaking up with her and the reason he brought her to Maine was because he wanted her to see why he married Donna because she looked so much like her but her was too hung up on Melinda that he divorced Donna. Kyle wants Melinda to be with him and he is trying to get rid of Jim.
Melinda says that she doesn't want him, her life is better with Jim. Melinda helps Donna find closure from Kyle and Kyle apologizes to Melinda and he moves onto the light.
The scene ends with a man hovering in the air with blood dripping from his hand.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Camryn Manheim as Delia Banks and Tyler Patrick Jones as Ned Banks
- There is a hilarious moment when Melinda first visits Donna, and the two exchange a slightly puzzled glance, as if they have met before. Funny because Jennifer and Lacey were co-stars in "Party of Five" and are obviously acknowledging that. OR because they look alike... The ghost Kyle was with Donna cause she looks like Melinda.