This episode guide has yet to be completed. Please help by expanding this article.
Leap of Faith is the eighteenth episode of the fourth season, and the eightieth overall episode, of the CBS series, Ghost Whisperer, originally premiering on March 13, 2009. The episode was written by P.K. Simonds & Laurie McCarthy and directed by Ian Sander, and recieved a total of 10.58 million viewers.
Melinda encounters a high powered businessman who is now working for the department of water and power in Grandview as a mechanic, after waking up 3 years ago after flat lining with no memory of himself. What he doesn’t know is that he has been a “Step In” like Jim/Sam, for the past three years, but without the support from other people like Melinda. Sam jumps into water to save Melinda from drowning. He gets caught on a pipe and gets stuck. In this near death experience he remembers everything about "Jim". After he escapes the water and saves Melinda both Jim and Melinda go to their house with Delia, Eli and Ned. Melinda shows him his new face and body.
- Michael O'Keefe as Dr. Byrd
- Mark Pellegrino as Ben Tillman
- Ion Overman as Det. Sam Blair
- Kenneth Mitchell as Sam Lucas
- Chad Morgan as Clarissa Webb
- Stephanie Michels as Annie Tillman
- Arnell Powell as Bike Shop Owner
- Mark Pellegrino (Ben) also worked with Camryn Manheim (Delia) in the 2004 movie Twisted, and, in the season 7 episode "Character Evidence" of The Practice.
- Mark Pellegrino (Ben) also worked with Kenneth Mitchell (Sam) in the season 1 episode "Exposure" of The Unit.