A cliffhanger or cliffhanger ending is a plot device in fiction which features a main character in a precarious or difficult dilemma, or confronted with a shocking revelation. A cliffhanger is hoped to ensure the audience will return to see how the characters resolve the dilemma. In Ghost Whisperer, several episodes end on cliffhangers, especially season finales from Seasons 1-3.
Episodes That End on a CliffhangerEdit
- Pilot - A Ghost Family notice Melinda in a Graveyard.
- Mended Hearts - Melinda notices a male ghost laughing at her, creeping her out.
- Hope and Mercy - The tattooed male ghost appears watching Melinda and Jim's house.
- Undead Comic - The Laughing Man and Romano stand on the roof of Melinda and Jim's house.
- Free Fall - All of the victims from the plane crash cross Grandview Square towards Melinda.
- The One - Andrea is revealed to be dead, and Romano appears behind her telling Melinda "She's Mine!"
- Love Still Won't Die - A ghost with hands dripping of blood watches Melinda.
- The Prophet - A mystery man appears behind Melinda telling her she has something he wants.
- The Gathering - Melinda, recovering from being dead for a few minutes, reveals to Jim she has a brother, looking at Gabriel.
- Don't Try This at Home - What appears to be the real Bloody Mary appears in Melinda's store's handle and a bell rings.
- No Safe Place - Shane is a spirit and seems to be trouble for Melinda, until he is dragged into the wall by another spirit.
- Weight of What Was - Melinda's father, a spirit, meets with Gabriel and they discuss Melinda and about turning her from good.
- Horror Show - A man in a mask leans over Melinda while she is in bed.
- Pater Familias - While walking through Grandview Square, Rick Payne notices five shadows on the floor where there should be six.
- Imaginary Friends and Enemies - Jim has died and disappears, leaving Melinda to mourn by his hospital bed.
- Threshold - Jim enters Sam's body and doesn't seem to remember Melinda.
- Delusions of Grandview - Dr. Byrd watches Melinda's and Jim's house coldly.